Wednesday, October 5, 2011

coffee bean ice cream


My friend Reggie's husband LOVES coffee ice cream, and since they were coming to visit I wanted to make them a batch.  Normally I make my coffee oreo ice cream for them, but this time I wanted to try serving them a new coffee bean ice cream recipe that I found in my David Lebovitz ice cream book.  I had made it once over the summer and I think I like it even better than the coffee oreo!


This ice cream starts with infusing warm milk and heavy cream with whole coffee beans.  I let mine steep for over an hour before continuing with cooking the egg yolk custard base.  The final step was to add a teeny bit of finely ground espresso bean before letting that mixture sit in the fridge until cold, and finally churning it in the ice cream machine.



I love the look of the flecks of ground espresso bean!  And the ice cream came out smooth and creamy, and rich with deep coffee flavor.  I hope this becomes their new favorite coffee ice cream too!



23 comments:

  1. Another tasty ice cream post-coffee is a classic flavor and it does go well as a topping for many desserts. Your pictures are making me crave this-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think coffee ice cream is my favorite flavor...so I'm drooling at the thought of it and your Oreo coffee ice cream. Will check that out, too~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coffee ice-cream. I don't have David Lebovitz's book, but everyone that I've read about trying ANYTHING in it has raved about the results....I guess I'm gonna have to break down and buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so lucky that I have got this site that imparted me the high quality of information easily.
    mango exporter pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! It was really a wonderful blog. Thanks for the provided information.
    http://wenzip.net/feature/winzip-registration-code-free/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gorgeous post learned a great deal Thanks greatly!
    Winzip Registration Code Free

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks friends, for providing such enlightening data.
    vietnam visa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sent your articles links to all my contacts and they all adore it including me.

    central booking bronx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have really come on the right place for getting the perfect info. replica watches uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your articles don’t beat about the bushes these are actually exact t to the purpose.

    best free ftp client

    ReplyDelete
  12. While the admin of the web site is working, no question soon it will likely be famous, due to its feature blogs.
    sewing kit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep it up!! You have done the nice job having provided the latest information.vietnam tour

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coffee ice cream is my favorite! This looks SOOOO yummy.... :)



    ReplyDelete
  15. Really informative and useful information. luxury Villas Marrakech

    ReplyDelete
  16. The content on your website never confuses me villas online

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your writers are enormously tremendous. villas online

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your writers are enormously tremendous. best panasonic Electric reviews

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have done a amazing job with you website. infographics

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Love your articles guys keep it up. best blog post

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will prefer this blog because it has much more informative stuff.one time premium life insurance

    ReplyDelete